April 1, 2012

April 2, 2012

Good Morning (actually writing Sunday evening),
  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  During our February vacation, I found out that I was selected as the winner of the Angelo J. Dorta Excellence in Teaching Award.  This is an award presented yearly by the Vermont Education Association.  This past Saturday, I was honored at a ceremony at the Lake Morey Resort.  I will now represent Vermont in the National Competition with a chance of receiving $25,000.00.  I will be traveling to Washington DC next February for the national event.

  Today the students will have Fundations, stations, and math.  During stations the students will start a new writing project, work on their sight words, read a new issue of Time For Kids, and have reading groups.  A few of the groups will work on assigned Literacy Project work as well.  Today's special will be PE and Library.

  I hope you have a great week.

Peace,
Tom