March 29, 2013

March 29, 2013


Happy Friday Everyone, 

This morning we saw a preview of Harwood's production of Pippin.  Many of our students thought it was a real treat to see dancing and singing first thing in the morning.  

Today, we read the last chapters of James and the Giant Peach.  The class laughed out loud as I read about the giant peach being part of a parade and then being eaten by a swarm of children.   Next week, we will be starting a new adventure!  

In science, we learned about the subtle changes that our tadpoles will go through.  Below are some photos of students arranging large magnets that depict their development into frogs. 



FIRST GRADE PARENTS: I realized that I sent the math game home early this week.  Sorry about that!  Please start playing the new game, and I will send the survey for this new game home on 4/11. 

Reminder: We will be sharing what we have learned about Civil Rights at the assembly on 4/12 at 7:50AM, and would love if you could all join us! 


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Best, 

Britta



Dear Parents,
  I spent the day observing a 1st and 2nd grade at T.B.P.S.  It was my second visit to the school this week.  I am enjoying the opportunity to observe others and to discuss practices with my peers.  Next week I will be visiting Fayston Elementary for two days, Mrs. Hines' (last year's student teacher) classroom on Wednesday, and back to Thatcher Brook on Thursday.  I will be at our school on Friday, because I will be helping kick off the 1st grade poster project and the 2nd grade research papers.  If you are a parent of a second grader, please fill out the research questionnaire that I gave out at conferences.  I really need those by Thursday of next week. 

  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Peace,
Tom