May 27, 2013

May 27, 2013

Good Evening,

  I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend.  It was certainly nice to get a sunny day in.  My wife and I spent the weekend doing tons of outdoor yard work.  After 70 bags of mulch, 2 mows of the lawn, and a bit of time int he garden, I am ready tog et back to work.

  We will be testing students math, reading, and spelling ability during this week and next.  Please do your best to make sure your child is at school each day.  There will be reading homework each night.  Below is Mrs. Lea's post from Friday and some pictures from the day.

  Have a great week.

Peace,
Tom


Hello Everyone, 

The end of this week was definitely an exciting one.

I am proud of our class, and how well they sang at Thursday night's concert.  I am also proud of how respectful of an audience they were for the other classes that performed. 

On Friday morning we attended an assembly led by Mr. Hubbard's class.  Many of his students shared their keynote presentations about celebrations from around the world.

Friday afternoon the first and second graders explored geometry in a combined math class.  We used Geoblocks to build structures and sculptures in teams and pairs.

I hope you all had a relaxing three day weekend!

Best, 

Britta

P.S. If your child has come home with an extra blue raincoat, please let us know.