June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013

Good Evening,
I am sorry this is being published so late.  I also didn't post on Friday because the school was experiencing difficulties with getting online.  Today, I started the end of the year reading tests.  I was able to get through half of the class today.  Mrs. Lea also finished up recording the kids voices for the celebration project.  During writing, the students all wrote a letter to my nephew.  I was assessing their ability to write a formal letter, elaborate on ideas, use appropriate handwriting, and use appropriate punctuation.  My nephew (4 years old) is struggling with his father (a marine) being in Afghanistan.  I have been speaking with him on a weekly basis and he liked the idea of getting mail.  I will be mailing these letters to him.  If you would rather not have your child's letter mailed, please let me know by Thursday.

Please remember that the presentation night is scheduled for this Thursday at 6:00.  I look forward to seeing everyone there.  I am still deciding if I am going to use the gym or my classroom.  I will let you know in Wednesdays post.


Have a great evening.

Peace,
Mr. Young