December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

Good Morning,
 I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  It always amazes me how busy the weekends are this time of year.  Today, we continued our study of narratives.  Today I read the story Hiccups for Elephant by James Preller.  This is another example of an author using the narrative elements to create a story.  During Reader's Workshop, the students all shopped for new books for their Read To Self Bags.  Today's specials were Music and PE.

Notes:

*There are new Reading Logs in your child's homework bag.  Please make sure they're filled out nightly and the bags are returned each day.

*First graders should continue to play the math homework game they were given last week.  The survey will be sent home a week form today.

*The students were asking if we were going to have any kind of party in December.  Although, we are not going to have a "holiday party," I have decided that on the last day of school, before break, we will watch the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie.  I will provide popcorn for the kids and would like someone to provide cups and cider/juice.  Please let me know if would be able to provide it.

That is all for now.  I hope you have a wonderful week.

Peace,
Tommy