May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

Good Morning,

  I hope everyone the beautiful weekend.  It was nice to have such sunny days and be able to do so much outside work.  There is a few things that I need each of you to take note of.  I will also send home a hard copy of this post.  Please make sure to read through it carefully.

Concert:  This week Mr. Hill will be putting on the school's Spring performance.  The students should arrive int he gym between 5:50 and 6:00.  The show will start promptly at 6:00.  I will not be able to attend this concert.  Thursdays are a busy evening for our family and Julianne is in Stowe (for dance) and Abby has soccer and dance too.  My wife have to divide and conquer on these days and unfortunately this prevents me from being able to attend the concert.

Pen Pal Trip:  We will be headed to see our Waterbury Pen Pals on June 17th.  As part of the trip, we will be going to Ben and Jerry's.  As stated in a  previous post, the cost is $4 a student (for ice cream, the tour is free).  So far, I have only received money from 4 students.  Please get that in this week.  IF you would like to chaperone, please let me know.  The cost for each chaperone is $6.

Evening Event:  Each year, I usually hold some kind of evening event.  This is a chance for the students to showcase specific pieces of work.  It usually runs like an open house and then we have a culminating event to finish off the evening.  This year the kids would be presenting their photo projects.

I am curious if people are interested in this or is June just too crazy (with everyone's schedules).  I am looking at doing it on Monday June 16th from 6:00-6:45 in the gym.  Is there any interest or would people rather just have the stuff presented as part of the school day?  Please let me know by this Friday.  If I don't hear from at least half of the class, I will forgo the evening event and just do it during the day. I am fine doing either but am trying to accommodate everyone's busy schedules.

That is all for now. Have a great week.

Peace,
Tommy