October 7, 2014

October 7, 2014

Good Morning,
  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Since I was not in school yesterday, I thought I would post today.  This week will mark the start of reading groups and spelling groups.  As we start reading groups, your child may be bringing home two books.  For 1st graders, one will be a book that I want them to read and the other will be a choice book.  I tend to leave the books, from their groups, in their bag for the week.  Please help your child keep track of these and return them each day.  Second graders may have two books as well.

NOTES:

*We no longer need any more paper towel rolls sent in.  I appreciate everyone's response and effort in sending them in.

*Please, send your child's reading bag, with the books in them, back each day.

*I am out for a meeting on Friday.  I will be in DC for the weekend.  The focus is on science and developing lessons that push toward the NGSS.

Have a great week.

Peace,
Tommy