March 30, 2018

March 30, 2018

Good Evening,
  Yesterday's trip to the sugarhouse was quite a success.  I have to say it was one of the best field trips I have ever done with a class.  It was such a great hands-on experience and Stacey did a fabulous job of organizing it in a way that all of the academic goals I had were met.  I loved that the kids got to be outside experiencing learning through our "backyard."  Here is a video of the day.



There is no Weekly News Journal this weekend.  We used the time to write thank you notes to our field trip hosts.

I am trying to set up a visit to theHartshorn sugarhouse next week.  This will give us a chance to see how technology has changed the sugaring process as the students learn how reverse osmosis works.  This learning will allow us to meet some of the design tech components of our unit.  It will also allow for the students to make sure they have recorded enough information so that they can write their informational books about sugaring. 

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Peace,
Tommy