December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

Good Afternoon,
  I hope this post finds all of you well and surviving the madness of December.  I know how crazy this month can get, and the added stresses and mixed emotions that come with such a busy time.  I hope each of you finds a way to stop, reflect, and enjoy the positive things in each of our lives.

  Today your child will be bringing home a green folder.  Inside that folder is the schedule for the Secret Pal activities and the name of the child that your child has for the three days of fun.  I have also included a piece fo marbled card-stock that your child can use for a card (if needed).  Please don't forget the item each day and make sure they are labeled.  Feel free to send in any items early and I can store them.

  This morning we took a walk outside for out mindfulness time.  We ended up at the VG where I had planned on buying each of the kids hot chocolate.  However, when I went to pay, they told us to not worry about it.  A very nice gesture on their part.

This week I talked to the kids about the celebration of Hannukah.  We read a book about why there is 9 candles and the importance of the symbolic burning of the candle.  I asked a 6th grader to come in and present to us about Hannukah and her own family's traditions with the holiday.  The kids then made their own menorahs and today worked on writing about their learning. 

NOTES:
*Please finish the story book pages for Ms. Fornaby's book over the weekend. 
*Secret Pal card is due by Tuesday morning.  We will give them out at morning meeting.

That is all for now.  Have a great weekend.
Peace,
Tommy

PICTURES FROM OUR TEAM PROJECT WITH MS> BELKNAP"S CLASS