March 10, 2024

March 10, 2024

I hope everyone had a great February break and enjoyed anytime you had off with your family. I used the vacation as a focus of our writing topic last week. The students wrote a persuasive piece about why they enjoyed their vacations (they had the option to write the opposite). The students focused on writing and adding detail. Our next step will be to bring in voice and writing endings with a "rating/recommendation."  

I sent out an email this afternoon asking for the kids to identify their favorite toy and to get a picture of it. If you can take a picture and dump it in this folder. Please do this by Tuesday morning. Please don't email them separately as it makes it much easier to print if they are all in one spot.

This past week we had PE for two of the three days that we were in school. The students have started a gymnastics unit and seem really excited about it. The kids are taking off their sneakers when they are on the gymnastics mats. If all kids could please have socks on Thursdays and Fridays.

We should have all of our class back this week and the next 6 weeks (before April break) will be a very academic filled stretch. This is the time where kids start putting all of the year's learning together and building upon many their knowledge.  It is important that they are all in school as much as possible during this stretch. 

This Wednesday will be our last winter sports program day. Please make sure that your child has all of the things they need as we head to the mountain.

NOTES:

*Please make sure

that your child has boots and sneakers/shoes each day. This helps us keep the mud and dirt (from recess time) off the classroom carpet.

*There are still spots for my summer basketball camp.  If you wish to have your son/daughter participate, please let me know.

*My daughter Abby is a freshman at Endicott College this year.  She is an education major and is looking for summer work. Please read through the message below if you are looking for summer nanny coverage and/or babysitting.  

Hi my name is Abby Young! I am a freshman at Endicott College in Beverly Massachusetts and am majoring in Early Childhood Education. I am hoping to find a family to nanny for this summer. I love games, playing outside and going on adventures. I am also willing to do some housework when the kids are asleep or occupied. My phone number is +18023827345 and would love to hear from you with any questions!

*I wanted to thank all of you who had a chance to support my girls Varsity team this year. We made it to the semi-finals for only the 5th time in school history (3rd in the last 5 years). It has been so much fun building this program. One of the most amazing things is the support the community has given to the team. It truly means so much to the players. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!


That is all for now.  I hope you all have a great week.

Peace,

Tommy