April 15, 2024

April 15, 2024

 Good Morning to all of you.  I hope you had a nice weekend. My wife and I were on the North Shore , visiting Abby, and enjoying the sunshine and the ocean. It certainly felt relaxing and very spring like. As you know, this is the final week before vacation. We are finishing up our persuasive writing unit with an assessment piece. The goal is that each kid finishes this before the break. 

We will be going on a field trip on Friday. Our gym teacher Kai has put together a trip to a gymnastics facility in Essex. I have everyone's permission slip with the exception of Rowen, Hazel, and Edith. I will put new ones in their homework bags today.  Please return them tomorrow. I have signed everyone for a bagged school lunch for the trip but kids are also allowed to bring their own if they prefer that.

Notes:

*I will not need parent volunteers on Thursday or Friday of this week. We will be doing a classroom library project on Thursday and Friday is the field trip.  

*Your child has book order forms and information in their reading bags. This will be the last book order of the year. This is a cheap way to get new books for summer reading.

*If you would like to come on the field trip, please let me know by Wednesday. We will have room on the bus. We will be leaving at 10:15.

I hope you all have a great April break.

Best,

Tommy