March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012

Good Morning,
  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and had a chance to enjoy the lovely weather.  I also hope you found the parent conferences to be informative and productive.  I really do enjoy doing them and having the chance to touch base with each of you.  As always, if you still have any questions or concerns please let me know.

  Today, we started our replies to our pen-pals in Waterbury.  It has been a while since their last response, and the kids were excited to get their letters.  The students used a prewriting template that focused on identifying questions that were asked by their pen-pal, outlining two events that he/she wanted to write about in his/her response, and identifying two response questions.  We hope to have a final draft by the end of the week.

 *NEW BOOK LOG is in your child's reading bag.  Please return the bag and books each day.

 *Early Release Day on Wednesday.  I will be at a district math meeting in the morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Peace,
Tom