January 15, 2016

January 15, 2016

Good Morning,
  This week we have been focusing on editing our own writing and using a more in depth checklist to evaluate our work.  We practiced this by scoring a few pieces of writing that I did and then worked with partners to edit each others work.  Then we transitioned into editing our own work independently.

  I was out of the room yesterday.  I had a meeting at the Agency of Education.  The substitute left a very nice note about the class' behavior and their ability to get their work done.  It was nice to come in and see that type of note waiting for me.

  January 28th will be Dylan's last day at the Waitsfield School.  He and his family will be moving to Barre.  I would like to do a little going away party for him on the 28th.  I would like to do this from 1:15-1:45 on the 28th.  If anyone would like to provide an item, please let me know.

Notes:
*  PLEASE label your child's winter clothing and gear.  This group has a particular challenge with keeping track of their things.  At the end of the day, I will hold up gloves, hats, and boots that are left in the coat area.  When asked, no one will claim the forgotten items.  I would love to save all of you frustration and money by getting items back to your child, however I need your help.

I hope you have a great weekend.  GO STEELERS!

Peace,
Tommy