January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016

Good Evening,

  I am sorry I ma not getting to this until now.  It was a quick day and I had practice at Harwood right after school.  There is a lot of information in this post, I will send home a printed copy (tomorrow) with your child as well.

Wednesday:  We will have our Winter Ski and Ride program.  Please make sure your child has all of their needed items (labeled with their name).  A few kids were provided helmets at the start of the season.  After last week, some of them were not returned to me.  I don't have any extra, so please make sure to send it in on Wednesday.

Paper Towel Rolls:  I am in need of MANY paper towel rolls.  They will be used as part of our next science unit.  Please send in any that you can get a hold of.  I will collect these over the next two weeks.

Absence:  I will be out of the classroom on February 10th, 11th, and 12th.  I have my monthly meeting at the Agency of Education on the 10th.  I will be in Washington DC on the 11th and 12th.  I have been asked to be part of a panel discussion that focuses on Global Education and Awareness.  If you have any questions or concerns, please don;t hesitate to reach out.

Dylan's Last Day:  Thursday will mark Dylan's last day at the Waitsfield school.  The students have worked on a goodbye book for him.  Each child illustrated a descriptive word that best reminds them of Dylan.  They decorated the border of the page with his favorite hair colors.  I would like to have a little good bye celebration for him on Thursday.  I am hoping someone could make muffins or cup cakes and another person could donate something to drink.  I will get the cups.  Please let me know if you can contribute these items or anything else you might choose.

Today, we continued our work with looking at how things are similar and different.  Today we looked at people.  We will continue this discussion tomorrow and then begin to look at how people made a difference during the Civil Rights movement.

I hope you all have a great week.

Peace,
Tommy