February 19, 2016

February 19, 2016

Good Morning,

  It is hard to believe that February is already over (as far as school goes).  It is amazing how time definitely seems to fly.  This morning we watched the 5th and 6th graders present their learning about African masks and dance.  The students seemed very impressed with the big, bold, and beautiful masks.

The two snow days and the compass cup activities presented a huge "bump" in my plans for social studies and science this week.  I have decided that I will use this afternoon to learn about Rosa Parks and how she made a difference.  This will be in place of the Daily 5 and Weekly News routines that we usually do.

IMPORTANT:  I have a conflict with the parent conferences that are scheduled for March 17th and March 18th.  I will be out of town with my brother.  When I originally scheduled for this time, I didn't see the conference dates on my schedule.  So, after break I will be sending out a Google Document that will allow you to sign up for times the following week (3/21/16).  I will make anything work for you, so if you don;t see a time that would work, just let me know.

I hope you have a wonderful break, and for those who need the rest and time to get healthy, have the chance to do just that.  I am looking forward to spending some time with my family.  We are headed to Montreal for half of the break and am hoping for some snow and winter weather.

Peace,
Tommy