March 4, 2016

March 4, 2016

Good Morning,
  I hope you all had a great break.  It was certainly nice to have some time with my family.  As you may have seen, your child has not brought home any homework this week.  I have been using all the academic time to conduct assessments that will help me fill out both report cards and plan personalized instruction for each kid.  I will be sharing the results of some of these assessments during our conference time.

  Speaking of conferences, during vacation I sent an email to you that asked that you use the Google Doc (that was linked) to choose a conference time.  I will be away during the regularly scheduled conferences and need to offer different days.  Please take time to sign up.

 Next week we will be finishing up the 2nd section of our People Making A Difference Unit.  During April and May we will work on the last part of this unit.  The students will join one of three small group projects that allow students to make a difference.  One group will be creating a digital book that will talk about fun kid friendly things to do in the Valley.  We will eventually offer it up to the chamber to be used as a resource for visiting families.  The second project will be focused on collecting change to buy books for children in Peru, in the area of Cusco, Peru.  I have connected with a fellowship group that will be heading there in June.  The final project will be working on recycling and/or composting our brown paper towels that we use here in the school.  There will be more on this in the coming weeks.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Peace,
Tommy