January 9, 2017

January 9, 2017

Good Evening,
  I hope everyone had a good weekend and found a way to stay warm and stay healthy.  There is a variety of illnesses floating around and it seemed to hit a few of our classmates at the end of last week and again today.

  Today I once again reviewed the student goals that each student set during our fall parent conference.   I asked them to think about their goal and how they have progressed with it.  I then assigned each student with the task of writing a reflection on their goal.  I explained that these reflections would be included in the narrative that I write for the report card.  Although I can't take credit for this idea, Ms. Hale, Mrs. Belknap, and a colleague from Waterbury get that, I do think it is a great way to reinforce the importance of each goal, validate the time spent with them during conferences, and create a personal ownership of the report card for each student.  I look forward to sharing these with you in a few weeks.

  Field Trip Reminder.  As I mentioned in last week's blog, we will be headed to Burlington on Friday. We will be leaving around 8:15.  I ask that the kids eat a good breakfast since we will be leaving before snack time.  The kids can pack a snack for the afternoon, once we are back at school. We will be back in time for lunch and a bagged lunch is not required.

NOTES:

*Please send in your child's homework bag each day.

*Winter sports program is planned for this Wednesday.  Last week, I did not send home reading homework on this day.  I thought they could use the break the 1st week back, but will send reading this week.  Please let me know if it prevents any issues.

(This is a little late) Mad River Youth Basketball will be starting a weekly clinic for boys and girls grades 1/2. This is open to any child in the Mad River Valley. This clinic will be hosted by Jesse Carst and other MRYB Coaches. We will focus the clinics on basic skills. Children of all abilities are welcome and encouraged.

Program Dates:
Mondays (1/9, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30)
Location: Fayston Elementary (if no school then no clinic)
Times: 5:30-6:30
Cost: $10 for entire 4 Clinic session
Limited to 16 1st and 2nd Graders
Please bring sneakers (no boots). We will provide the basketballs.