May 9, 2017

May 9, 2017

Good Afternoon,
I am sorry I didn't get a post out yesterday.  Over the last two days, the students teamed up and worked on editing their writings about the school's hat rule.  They were asked to use an anchor chart (about persuasive writing) that allowed them to check for all of the elements within their writing.  Most groups found that they were missing introductions in their pieces.  Ask your child about our "Hamburger" format in writing.

Field Trip Update:  I am working with our pen-pal teacher as we set up our final pen-pal celebration.  We are looking at June 9th.  We will go to Little River State Park and hike.  Tom and I are working out the final details.  I will get back to you with more information and cost.  Any and all chaperones would be welcomed.  Please let me know if you want to come along for the fun in the (hopefully) sun.

Yesterday we set a new record on our power walk.  The kids powered through the "snowy conditions" and were proud of their achievement.  We stopped by the VG on the way back and celebrated with a cup of hot chocolate for each kid.

I hope you have a great week.

Peace,
Tommy