September 25, 2017

September 25, 2017

Good Afternoon,

 I need to apologize.  I forgot to post that the all school hike will be Friday, switched from today's date.  It looks like it was a good call because the heat index has cancelled many outdoor activities today (high school & middle school).

 I hope you are all ready for tomorrow's Open House.  This is a very exciting time for your children and they love showing off their classroom and work.  My request is that you have them be your tour guides and ask them lots of detail related questions.  They will have a checklist (that they create) to help them guide your through the tour.  I will be in the room, please feel free to ask me any questions about the blog, logging into Zearn and/or homework.  Please understand if you ask me how your child is doing my answer will be "GREAT!".  The reasons being, they most likely are doing great and I wouldn't talk about a specific child's progress in front of other families.  The open house runs from 5-6 pm.

PARENT VOLUNTEERS:  Your child will have a volunteer form, in their homework bag, this afternoon.  Please take a look and decide if you are able to sign up to volunteer during any oft the times.  I would like all responses by Friday and will post the schedule next week.  Volunteers will start October 16th.  Please note that the district policy requires anyone volunteering to drive on a field trip to be fingerprinted and have a background check done.  If you are simply volunteering in the room while I am supervising, no background check is needed.

That is all for now.  Have a great week.

Peace,
Tommy