October 5, 2020

October 5, 2020

 Good Afternoon,

  Today we started our travels around the United States.  The students filled out their passports and dove into learning about the state of Vermont.  They all seem really psyched with this project and the writing that is going on (already) is amazing.  If you haven't watched the video that I posted (on Friday's blog post), I highly recommend that you watch it by clicking here.  If any of you would like to be a guest (virtual) speaker about a state or read a children's book about a state, please let me know.  

A Passport Entry

  Sorry For the Confusion:

 I apologize if there was some confusion with the asynchronous   writing tasks for the Monday/Tuesday students.  The only writing   you have to do for Monday and Tuesday is the Weekly News   Journal.  I never sent the leaf pictures back home so we will start   those Thursday in class and then make it part of next week's work).  

  Homework Bags & Reading Books:

  I wanted to reiterate how the book of choice and/or reading group      books are kept track of.  I have a lot of books in my classroom         library and love that kids can pick out books to read.  Each night, I let the kids bring home a book of choice or an assigned reading group book.  I don;t waste the time to write down each selection but rather put it in their Ziploc bag and send it home.  When they return the next day, I check to see that a book is in their bag.  If there is no book a new one won;t be sent home.  Please make sure your child brings back the book. in their Ziploc bag each day.  I appreciate you developing a routine that will allow your child to be successful with  this.  

That is all for now.  I hope you all have a great week.

Peace,

Mr. Young