September 24, 2010

September 24, 2010

Good Afternoon,
 Since my last post, our class has started writing pen-pal letters to my daughter's 3rd grade class at Thatcher Brook.  Wednesday was National Pen-Pal day (I hope your celebration was as wild as ours) and it just seemed like the right day to start this project.  My goal is to write back and forth a few times and then get together at the end of the year.
  Today we went to the orchard and labeled the remaining 25 trees.  The groups did a wonderful job with this and every team finished in the given time.  Next week we will use this information to finish our label cards.

  Homework:  I need your help!  I realize that everyone's schedule is quite crazy and our children have a "million" things going on, but I need to have the math survey and reading log completed each week.  I need the students to understand that this is part of their school job.  We have had a few discussions about this but reinforcement from home would be greatly appreciated.  I thank you in advance for your support with this.

  Would you like a parent night?  Would you like me to take time and go over what's new this year, the blog, and take time to answer any questions regarding the general classroom procedure?  I would be more than happy to organize this but I want to make sure that it is something that people want?  Please let me know if it is something that interests you.

*Next Week's Parent Volunteer Schedule:
Monday: Jennifer Stella
Tuesday:  Sharon Parks
Wednesday: Sandy Tarburton
Thursday:  Sally Kendall
Friday:  Bear Simmons

You may notice that I try an update the slideshow every weekend.  I am not keeping track of which kids appear on the blog.  If you notice that your child has not been pictured, please let me know.  I hope your family has a wonderful weekend.  I am hoping to take my family apple picking at some point.
Peace,
Tom