February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011

Happy Friday!
  We had a great time in the computer lab today.  The students were all able to create a digital version of our orchard map.  Below is a picture of Anda's completed project.  Eventually we will be able to add a key to the map.  The students really seemed to enjoy the work.
An aerial view of the orchard with apple, pear, and cherry symbols marking the spot of each tree
Valentine's Day:  I will allow the students to have time to pass out cards on Valentine's on Monday.  If your child would like to bring in Valentines, he/she must bring in one for each student.  Here is the list of names:  Julia, Angela, Greta, Ayla, Kelci, Anda, Winter, Molly, Abby, Aliza, Piper, Charlotte, Sawyer, Jacob, Marieke, and Bryn.

Artist In Residence:  We will have a kickoff assembly on Monday morning.  It will be a rather short one, so please have your child here on time so he/she doesn't miss the event.  We will have a final presentation next Friday morning.   I hoe you can join us.

Stamina:  I have had three or four students expressing how tired they are.  Although I can talk to them and give them ideas on how to help with this, I am encouraging the students to talk to you about it.  I feel this is more of a parent/child conversation for which solutions will need to come from home.  I appreciate your support in fostering and dealing with this conversation.

I hope you have a great weekend.
Peace,
Tom