April 6, 2011

April 6, 2011

Good Morning,
  I am writing from my den because my youngest daughter has now caught the fever bug.  Yesterday we had 9 kids out of our classroom.  I am hoping everyone is feeling better.  Unfortunately, I feel the only cure is rest.  Of the seven kids that were there many were still coughing.  Your child may benefit from a bag of cough drops being left at school.

  I will be in school tomorrow but may be out Friday (depending on Abby's health).  My wife and I are still trying to alternate days.

*Remember book orders are due by Friday.

Math Problem:  I made a mistake with the bonus word problem this week.  I read it rather quickly and didn't realize how much there was to the problem.  The walnut problem is very difficult and requires fraction conversions that are more difficult than I thought.  Even though the problem is optional, I feel it will cause frustration for many.  So, please discard the problem.

Have a great day.
Peace,
Tom