September 30, 2011

September 30, 2011

Good Afternoon,
  Above you is a brief video clip of our science class today.  We started our first day of Forces and Motion with a science circus.  We teamed up with Mr. Hubbard's class and allowed the students to use a variety of balls and ramps to explore their ideas and make new discoveries.  If you watch this video with your child, ask him/her what was going on in the clip.  This should lead to an easy discussion about their own discoveries.  We finished the class with a min science circle of sharing and reporting out of ideas.  All in all, it was a fantastic and exciting start to our science unit.

Picture day went well.  Each year I try to find a new spot for our group photo.  My goal is to teach 30 years at the Waitsfield School and to never have the same setting for our class photo.  I hope you like this year's choice.  Since it was Jersey Day, this marked the first time in my teaching career that I did not have a tie on.

Announcements:
*The informational parent meeting is scheduled for Monday at 6:00.  Ms. Hopper had surgery on Wednesday and will  not be able to attend.  I will be able to speak about the 2nd grade math as well.

We have had an absolutely wonderful week, and I am very pleased with the class.  I hope you enjoy the weekend.
Peace,
Tom