September 13, 2011

September 14, 2011



Good Morning,
  Yesterday we used our Hopes and Dreams to foster a conversation about Classroom Rules.  To this point we have had not had any rules.  I asked the kids to think about what rules they would need in place to allow them to obtain their goals.  We had a list of 14 or 15 rules but were able to condense them down to 4 simple statements.  Our rules will be referred to as our "Be's."  Below is a copy of our new rules.


Our Be's
1. Be Safe
2. Be Respectful
3. Be Nice
4. Be Your Best

Today I will be sending home a copy of our Be's.  Could you please review them with your child and ask them what each one might look like.  For example, "What would it look like if you we being safe at lunch?  After you have had this discussion, I would like your child to use the back of the page to illustrate a picture of one of the rules in action.  So, I might draw a picture of myself holding the door for someone else.  This would be a great visual for #3 Being Nice.

I also expect that your child will read with or to you tonight as well.

I hope you have a wonderful evening.


Peace,
Tom