September 7, 2011

September 7, 2011

Good Morning,
  I am writing to let you know what a wonderful first two days of school we have had.  We have and will continue to create classroom norms, expectations, and an environment where every child feel safe.  Today we had our first math class.  This year all of the 1st graders will be coming to me for math (Mr. Hubbard's and my students).  My 2nd graders will have Ms. Wilcox for math.  Although it is an extra transition, they are very fortunate to have such a small group of which will be led by such a wonderful teacher.

Notes:
*I still need to know if the following families have the ability to access the blog:  Zeb, Nina, Caleb, and Arianna.  Today will be the last time that I send home a hard copy with each kid.

*1st Graders:  If you have not brought in a shoe box or small tub for your homework please bring in one by the end of the week.

*Book Orders:  Today your child will be bringing home book order forms.  It is not required nor expected that you place an order.  I will try to send these home monthly.  Please do not send in cash.  Make all check payable to Scholastic Book Clubs.

*Please return your child's plastic reading bag each day.

  We are off to great start, and I am looking forward to a wonderful year.

Peace,
Tom