October 5, 2011

October 5, 2011

Good Afternoon,
  I want to thank you for attending the meeting the on Monday evening.  It was nice to have so many families represented, and it is very rewarding for me to have the turnout I did.  I hope you found the information useful, meaningful, and that it helped paint a clear picture of your child's day.  As always, if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.  E-mailing me is the best way to get a hold of me.  I usually look through my e-mail and respond after school or during the evening hours.

  Over the last two days we have been talking about the idea of push and pull and how it relates to items moving.  The students have been working in partners as we have toured the school looking for items that are moving.  They then had to use a Venn diagram to determine if an item moved because of a push, pull, or a push and pull motion.  I then asked the kids to draw a sketch of two of their observations and label where the force was being applied.  They used their science notebooks to record their drawings.  I then asked them about 5 items that I noticed around the school that were not moving.  I asked them why they thought this was so? The goal of this lesson was for children to understand that objects at rest stay at rest and that there must be a force applied for an object to be moved.

*Please don;t forget to fill out the Parent Volunteer forms and return them to me by Thursday.
*Friday is Jersey Day.  Wear your colors with pride.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Peace,
Tom