September 16, 2012

Monday, September 17th

Good Morning,
  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We had a great one filled with soccer, my daughter's 11th birthday, and time in sun.  Last week, I showed the children a film presented by Life Vests.  I will embed it in today's post.  I want to use this, and will review it from time to time, to reinforce the idea of helping others.

  We will start reading groups this week.  I plan on starting on Wednesday.  I want to finish up a few more reading tests before I start.  I will also introduce the other logical consequences ("the loss of privileges", and "you break it you fix it.") that we will use this year.  Please let me know if your children have any concerns with these. 

  I need to know who would like to have paper copies of the blog sent home.  Today will be the last day I make copies of the blog unless you contact me requesting a hard copy ( a note in yor child's homework bag is fine.  If you are good with the blog, then you are set.  If you would like the blog e-mailed to you when I post, please go to the blog page and subscribe to it.  The box is below the right corner of the whole class picture.  Remember, I post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday that we have school.

 

  I hope you have a wonderful week.

Peace,
Tom