September 26, 2012

September 26, 2012

I hope everyone enjoyed the Open House last night.  I really enjoy the excitement the kids exhibit when showing you their work.  Unfortunately the pictures were formatted incorrectly and I can't download them.  It was nice seeing everyone and I hope you enjoyed the event.

A variety of ideas going on at the same time.


Today the students started writing their own books.  There was a lot of excitement around this and some of the kids didn't want to stop for recess.  Ask your child about his or her book.  We also started our science unit on magnets.  We kicked of the unit with a 20 minute explore (pictures above and below) and wrapped up the session with a discussion of student's findings.  The whole school also participated in a bus safety and bus evacuation drill today. 

I hoe you have a great weekend.

Peace,
Tom

A team of scientists exploring with their magnets.