October 24, 2012

October 24, 2012

Good Morning,
  I am sorry I wasn't in school today.  My daughter had a pretty nasty ear infection and was in a bit of pain.

Next Wednesday's Hike:  I have a handful of parents that have offered to help chaperone the hike. They are Logan's mom and dad, Rachel's mom, Azailea's mom, and Amy's mom.  If anyone else would like to go, please let me know.  The plan has changed a little bit.  We will hike Stowe Pinnacle and leave school around 8:30.  We will start at the upper parking lot and allow groups to hike at their own pace.  We will eat lunch while we are there.  Each kid should have a back pack to carry his/her lunch and a water bottle.  Hats, gloves, maybe even hand-warmers, are strongly suggested.  I will keep a close eye on the weather and make a decision during the school day on Tuesday.  I am curious about the path of the hurricane that has formed near Jamaica and the threat it poses to hitting the East Coast.

Why are we hiking?  It has become a tradition that the students of the Waitsfield School take part int he Hike For Hunger Campaign.  Each Fall, I ask the students to bring in food donations for the Food Shelf.  Wednesday seemed like a good choice with the anticipated energy and excitement of Halloween.  If we need to postpone the hike, I will reschedule it for the Spring.  Below is a quick clip about the Hike For Hunger campaign.


Have a great day.
Peace,
Tom