March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

Good Morning,
  I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  I still have two people that haven't signed up for parent conferences.  If you haven't and would like to, please do so today.

  The students continued working on their non-fiction writings today.  We also started a grammar book. During the next few weeks, I will spend the first ten minutes of writing reviewing or introducing grammar, use, and mechanics skills.

  We did not have Reader's Workshop today.  The A Cappella team from Harvard University was visiting our upper unit music classes.  I thought our class would love the opportunity to hear the group and Mr. Hill allowed us to sit in.  One of the team members, Sara Reid, was  in my first class at Waitsfield Elementary School.  The group sang a few songs for the kids, had them participate in a few warm up activities, and also learned how to Beat Box.  Below is one of their songs.  A few students even had a chance to conduct the group.