March 6, 2015

March 6, 2015

Good Morning,
 I hope you all had a great break and for those who had time off found it rewarding and restful.  We are in the midst of fishing up our 1st drafts of our narratives.  The next step will be to meet with a group from Harwood to help the kids edit their stories.  Next week we will be starting our next science unit.  This unit will be on sound and light waves.  It will be a 20 lesson unit and will Take us through the end of April/beginning of May.  As I was writing the sound lessons, I kept finding myself singing Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys.  Now it is stuck in my head!

Next week will mark the start of the school's one week artist in residency.  This year we will be guided by the work of Troy Wonderle.  Troy is returning to our school to lead us through a week of circus adventure.  If you would like to find out more about Troy and his talents, check out http://www.bigtopadventures.com/home.html.

Our residency schedule is as follows:
Monday:  1:45-2:15 (in place of PE)
Tuesday:  10:15-10:45 (in place of writing)
Thursday: 9:50-10:20 (in place of PE)
Friday:  12:45-2:15 All School Rehearsal (no reading/Weekly News in the afternoon)

There will be an evening performance on Friday, March 13 @ 6:00.  All are encouraged to attend.

Notes:
*Your child has reading homework and their Weekly News in their backpacks.

*Please make sure your child brings a change of shoes to school.  It would be helpful and appreciated if they weren't wearing their boots all day long.

*Wednesday is an Early Release Day.

PARENT CONFERENCES:  On Monday, the online parent conference scheduler will be available to you.  You will see that I have a lot of slots on Thursday and only a couple on Friday.  I have a meeting at the Department of Education at 9:00 on Friday.  If you can't find a time that works for you, please let me know and I can work with you to find a time.  If you don't plan on attending a conference, could you please let me know.

I hope you all have a great week.

Tommy