April 10, 2015

April 10, 2015

Good Morning,
I hope everyone has had a great week.  Today the students will head over to the Valley Player's to watch our 5th and 6th graders perform their take on Cinderella.  Due to this, we didn't have reading groups or Weekly News today.  So, your child has no work to do over the weekend.

There are a few events going on over the next week and week after vacation.  Please make note of the following:

*We have a new 1st grade student joining our class on Monday.  His name is Alex and he is coming from Stowe Elementary.

*I will be out of the classroom on Monday and Friday.  I have a meeting at the Agency of Education on Monday.  I will join the class for arrival, to welcome the new student, and then take off shortly after.  On Friday,  I will be headed to Boston with my family.  The Red Sox are honoring a few teachers (I am luck to be one of them) from New England (for their work in Math) and are having an on-field ceremony before Friday's game.  So, I have decided to use a personal day to take my family down for this event.

*On Wednesday, April 29th, Our class will be headed to the Fayston school.  We will be working with their 1st and 2nd graders on a Red Clover project.  As you may remember, we recently wrote opinion pieces about which book should win.  The Fayston students responded to the same prompt and we will share or responses and then work on a project that will have them working in teams to sell their opinion.  We will leave at 11:15 on this day.  The students will eat lunch at Fayston.  Since it is the same lunch program, students can sign up for hot or cold in the morning.  Ms. Korb, Mr. Mongeon, and I will drive the students up.  If you would like to join us, please let me know.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Peace,
Tommy