April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015

Good Morning,
  I hope all is well and you all enjoyed the extra time with your child(ren).  I had a nice time with my family and visiting Boston.  I also taught at a math academy, in Lawrence, last week.  It was a lot of fun and a very hard working group of 3rd graders. 

  Today marks the start of a very busy stretch of the school year.  From now until the end of the year we will be wrapping up many projects, conducting a variety of 1:1 assessments in both math and language arts, and finishing up both our science and social studies curriculum,  I hope that students are in school as much as possible as we hit this crucial and final stage of the year.

  Acts of Kindness 
  Our school has taken on the challenge of focusing on the school's principle of being "kind."  The entire staff and student body will be looking for acts of kindness throughout their day.  The students are trying to collect enough (award) rocks to earn a school wide celebration.  The next celebration will be a boat race.  Ask your child about this event.

  I hope you all have a great week.

Peace,
Tommy