September 15, 2015

September 15, 2015

Good Morning,

  I was not in school yesterday because I had a sick child at home.  My wife and I alternate days and yesterday I was "up to bat."  Yesterday the kids took their pre-assessment on our first science unit, Earth, Moon, and Sun.  This is always a fun unit and I look forward to jumping right in.

  Today, I read the story Night of the Veggie Monster by George McClements.  This is our first anchor book for our writing program.  We will start the year by learning to write small moment stories by taking a small moment and exploding it with detail and elaboration.

Notes:

*I am at a state meeting tomorrow.  I will be in the building until 8:00.  Please see Friday's post for details about this meeting.

*On Wednesday, we will have an all school assembly at 1:50 tomorrow afternoon.  This will serve as a kickoff event for our all school read-a-loud.  Over the next several weeks, we will combined kids from each grade and have an all school read-a-loud.

I hope you have a great week.

Peace,
Tommy