September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015

Good Morning,
  I hope you all had a great weekend.  It certainly felt like it flew by.  Today, we started our formal spelling and reading time.  I used today's reading time to check in with kids on their choices and to make sure they understood the expectations.  Tomorrow, I will start meeting with groups and individuals.  For my beginning readers, they will often have a book that they can read to you and then one that they would like read to them.  Please make sure they read each night.

1st Grade Math Homework:  Today marks the start of 1st grade math homework.  Your child will have a sheet of flash cards in their homework bag.  Please watch the below video before starting the

                          .

work.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Notes:

*I have a district meeting on Thursday afternoon.  I will be out of the room from 1:00-2:15.  The students have two specials during this time, so they won't be missing much instruction at all.

I hope you all have a great week.
Peace,
Tommy