September 8, 2015

September 8, 2015

Good Afternoon,
  I hope you had a great weekend.  I certainly enjoyed the time with my family and meeting up with friends at a few social events.  Today the students finished illustrating the class rules.  They will bring these illustrations home tonight.  It would be a great piece to use as you engage your child about their day.  There is also a video linked below to explain how we created our classroom rules.

<  

The class also started a quilt (out of paper) project today.  The idea behind the quilt that each student will create a quilt square that will represent an individual strength of their own.  The squares will then be adhered into one large class quilt.  The quilt represents the power of our collective effort as well as a reminder of individual competencies.  I will post a picture of the quilt once it is complete.

Notes:

*Bus safety assembly on Wednesday.

*School pictures on Thursday

I hope you have a great week.
Tommy