December 6, 2016

December 6, 2016

  1. What progress have you made towards these goals thus far? I am into my 2nd unit of study with a goal of finishing before December break. Depending on the length of the ski season, I may or may not get through all of the units this year.

  1. What challenges, if any, are you finding in moving forward on these goals? I am not finding the implementation challenging but rather the depth of the content. I feel the program makes big academic jumps throughout unit, lacks in content connections for the students, and is very language heavy (which is challenging at this age).

  1. Are there any revisions to these goals you might suggest -- or new goals that you find yourself focusing on in your work? I am already starting to think on how I would improve these units in the future. I think with the Animal Adaptations unit I will focus on how they as students and local animals change and adapt throughout the seasons.


  1. What, if any, improved experiences for students are you seeing as a result of your work on these goals?  Please be specific. The students like the large block science time. I am glad that I decided to allow for an afternoon of science and it has allowed for deeper explorations and discussions because of the time allotment.