December 9, 2016

December 9, 2016

Good Afternoon,

  For those who looked at Tuesday's post, you will have noticed that the entry looked a bit different.  We, as teachers of the Waitsfield School, are required to keep a blog of our professional goals and reflections.  This past Tuesday, I thought I was posting ot my professional blog and instead posted to the classroom blog.  So, for those who looked, you got to read about my thoughts on the first two units of the new science program.

  This morning we had reading groups and the students worked on their gift for Mrs. Jane.  Mrs. Jane will end her time in our classroom on 12/22.  We will have a special celebration on the morning of the 22nd.  I am hoping that people might bring in some nut free breakfast type food/drinks for the occasion.  If you can send something in, please let me know.

We shop at the same store! 


SECRET PAL:  It has been a few years since I have done this with a class, but this class is so awesome that I thought I would try it this year.  If you would like your child to take part in the Class' Secret Pal exchange, please email me at tyoung@wwsu.org.  Here are the details:  The event will take place the week of 12/20/16.  Over the course of three days, your child will have to bring in three different items that are wrapped up and labeled with their Secret Pal's name on it.  There will be a box in the classroom for kids to place the items into upon arrival each morning.

12/20/16:  Your child will make a card or picture that wishes their Secret Pal a Happy _______.  It should be what your family celebrates (Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, New Year).  This way your child is celebrating their family's beliefs and passing their good wishes onto their Secret Pal.  Your child should put some time into this and make it their "best work."  I can provide any paper that might be needed for this, just let me know.

12/21/16:  Your child should bring in a nut free snack and drink for their Secret Pal.  This can be wrapped and labeled in a bag (if that easier).

12/22/16:  Your child should bring in a wrapped gift/book for your Secret Pal.  It should be less than a $5 value.  Again have it wrapped and labeled.

If your child signs up, it is important that they follow through with this and bring each item each morning.  Please let me  know if your child is interested by Tuesday of next week. I will make up a list and send home a note with your child's Secret Pal on Wednesday.

Notes:
*Each student has their Weekly News Journal in their backpack.  Please take a moment to read and respond over the weekend.

*Please make sure your child has indoor shoes on the days they wear boots to school.

*Book orders will be here by the 19th of December (the latest).

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Tommy