October 23, 2017

October 23, 2017

Good Evening,

I hope you all had a great weekend.  Between a soccer game, a cross country meet, and the prep for winter, I certainly found many reasons to be outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  On my drive to work today, I was admiring the landscape as I usually do.  However, today's view was something special and I felt I needed to pull over and capture the moment.  It just reminded me what a wonderful and beautiful place we live in.

Our Mindfulness Walk This Morning
Today we took a quick 15 minute walk during our mindfulness time today.  I challenged the kids to focus on their breathing and to walk at a relaxing stroll pace.  We then got back to the room and had a productive 60 minute writing block.  It is powerful to see how these mindfulness moments lead to more productive and focus work times.

Parent Conferences:  Below is the schedule for this week's conferences.  Please check your time and arrive a few minutes early.  I am asking that the students attend the conference (for the 1st part).  As you can see the conferences are booked back to back (for the most part) and I actually have to be at Harwood right after my last one on Wednesday night.  So I will be very timely with the conference blocks. 

Wednesday:  Caroline 2:30, Clara 3:45, Steele 4:10, Liv 4:35, Sam 5:00, Kai 5:25
Thursday:  Anna Mae 4:10, Carley 4:35, Noah 5:00, Kane 5:25

That is all for now.  Have a great week.

Peace,
Tommy