November 2, 2020

Monday, November 2, 2020

 Good Afternoon,

  I hoped you all survived the weekend and found a way to honor a tradition that is liked by so many.  As I am typing this, I am staring out my classroom window, seeing the swirling snow, and thinking about the students playing outside at recess right now.  I took a picture of the group,before they went outside for recess.  If you see your child is missing any clothing or boots they might need for a snowy recess, please work that out with them and send it in.  After I took the picture, I did check two kids backpacks and found clothing they insisted they didn't have.  


Today we had music class with Mr. Hill and Library with Mr. Mongeon.  If your child has any overdue books, please send them in so Eric can let them check more out.  We started out exploration of Massachusetts today.  After this state, I will change the writing criteria to up it a bit more for each grade.  This will be the last week using the current rubric.

This afternoon we read the story M Is For Mayflower by Margot Raven.  This story is an A-Z book all about Massachusetts.  This book can also be found in Epic Books, if you want to read it with your child.  We also had reading groups and Literature Block rotations after lunch time.

NOTES:

*No school tomorrow.  No asynchronous work assigned but Lexia and Zearn are always available and great choices.

That is all for now.  Have a great week.

Peace,

Tommy