November 23, 2020

November 23, 2020

 Good Afternoon,

I hope you all had a great weekend.  It not be certainly a unique time as we navigate the holidays while trying to adhere to the guidelines outlined by our governor.  As we approach Thanksgiving, I know it will be difficult making for some to not be with their extended family.  I know my wife and I will not go see out parents, in Vermont, for the 1st time in almost 20 years.  I want to make sure I make decisions that give us the best chance to keep school open for the students to keep attending in person as much as possible.  If you find yourself going against the Governor's guidelines, please do the right thing and quarantine.  If family comes to you, please do the same.  I appreciate your respect of making decisions that are better for the whole.

A student trying to save 10 Turkeys

Today the 1st grade math did an "Escape Room" type subtraction challenge.  The had just over an hour to save 10 turkeys from becoming Thanksgiving dinner.  There were several clues hidden around the room and they needed to solve subtraction problems to receive the next clue.  In the end, it worked out.  The students solved all the problems and saved the ten turkeys, with 48 seconds to spare.  

We spent this afternoon and will spend tomorrow afternoon writing about why we are thankful.  This stems from the book and pre-writing we did last Wednesday during our virtual meeting.  I am hoping each student will have a letter that they can read during your thanksgiving celebration.

Winter Recess:  We don't have clothing to give out this year for recess time.  If it is drizzling, kids will most likely still go out.  Please make sure your child has a coat, gloves, a hat, and boots.  It may be a good time, during break, to go through your child's bag and get them set up for winter.

I hope you all have a  wonderful Thanksgiving and are able to stop and think about the positives we do have in our lives.  Right now it is easy to think about all that is challenging and different.  However, I know even during this pandemic, there are still many things that I am grateful and thankful for.  

This week we visited the state of New York
Enjoy your week.

Peace,

Tommy