November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010


Good Morning,
  I hope you all enjoyed the weekend.  Yesterday was family picture day in our household.  I have to say I am glad that is over!  Last Friday, we once again joined the Harwood students in the orchard.  We played several games incorporating facts about the trees and the tree names.

  Today we continued our study of magnets.  The kids were experimenting with them and discovering some interesting facts.  One student was using a magnet to chase another magnet around the table.  I saw a few others noticing what a magnet does to a compass.  We will get into the science of these observations later in the week.

  Report cards will go home on Friday.  The report card grades will look a little different this year.  Your student will be graded on the second grade standards.  What this means is a lot of kids are being asked to do higher level work that is already exceeding the standard.  If this is the case, your child will receive a 4 because they are exceeding the second grade requirements.  I can explain this in more detail during our conference.

  I haven't heard of any conference changes, so I assume we are all set with our scheduled times.  As you may have noticed from the schedule, I am back to back for each time.  Please make sure to be here on time.  I would like your child to attend the first part of the conference.  I will repost the conference schedule on Friday's blog.

  I hope you have a great week.

Peace,
Tom