March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011


We had a  wonderful time at the Montshire museum.  The students really seemed to enjoy all of the hands on discovery and were excellent guests both at the museum and on the bus.  Today we read Pennies For Elephants by Lita Judge.  This was a story about the children of Boston saving enough money to buy three elephants from retiring animal trainers.  This book was another one of the Red Clover Nominees.

Since skiing was cancelled, we were able to follow our regular schedule for the day.  During station time, the students worked on their Vermont State Symbol poster, wrote in their Reader's Notebook, and worked on their Literature Projects.



*Please remember that we are headed to the playhouse tomorrow afternoon.  The kids may need their rain gear.

*I am out of school next Monday.  I am taking my dad to Staten Island to visit a friend.  I figured with all the "play-date" rides he gave me as a kid, I owed him one.  I will be back on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I have a the spring math committee meeting at Thatcher Brook.  I will be over there all morning.

I will see you all at conferences tomorrow and Friday.
Peace,
Tom