November 2, 2011

An Early Release Day

Greetings!

This morning went by very quickly. We had two specials this morning, Music and French. We then continued writing pen-pal letters, reading groups and spelling. We also read and did activities from the "Time Life For Kids" magazine.

On Friday, we will begin our new science unit on the Earth, Moon and Sun. I am very excited to begin this unit. We will be working on the unit during both November and December. On Monday, I will be sending home a worksheet to record the moon's shape at night. I would like each student to observe the night sky. I know things get busy, so I wanted to give you a heads up in case over the weekend your family finds itself out at night.

I have one quick housekeeping question: Does anyone have the books Lost at the Fun Park or Rain is Water at home? If so, can you please bring them back to the classroom.

Also, on a personal note, I want to let everyone know that I am expecting. A few students asked me today if I was having a baby, so I think it is appropriate to let everyone know that yes, I am! I am due April 3rd. I am very excited; If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

Have a great long afternoon!

Best,

Brandy (Ms. Hines)