November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011

Good Afternoon,
  I am sorry I was out of the building yesterday morning.  I had an unscheduled doctor's appointment come up.  I will have to be out next Monday morning for a follow up test.  On Tuesday, I will be at a meeting with Kaiya.  We are working with the state to implement the new math Common Core Standards.  This is an important piece of work and our students will benefit from our work.  Mrs. Hines will be the sub for one of the absences and Sara Hughes for the other.  I will be back in time for Parent Conferences on both evenings.

  There are many kids with colds, coughs, and runny noses.  If you send your child to school with cough drops, please let me know.  I will hold on to them and give them out when needed.  I like to make sure kids aren't putting these in their mouth during times like PE and recess.  It is truly for safety purposes.

  Today the kids had French and Music.  After that we had stations.  The students worked in reading groups with me, on another Red Clover Book Project with Ms. Hines, and on their sight words with Hillary D.  This afternoon we had math.  Ms. Hines went home early (she is also not feeling well) today.  Therefore, her science lesson was put on hold.

Notes:
*Thanksgiving meal is tomorrow.  Our class will be eating at 10:50.  Please feel free to arrive early and walk with us to lunch.  It makes it easier for families to sit together.

*Book orders are due on Friday.

*Reading Logs are due on Friday.

*Math Surveys are due next Tuesday.  I will send them home on Monday of next week.

*Report Cards go home on Friday.  Please bring the report card to your child's conference.  If you have not signed up for a date and time, please due so tonight.

Have a great day.
Tom