January 11, 2013

January 11, 2013

Good Afternoon,

  What a wonderful Friday!  The class was one focused and productive group today.  This morning we read a book called The Great Fuzz Frenzy.  This is a wonderful story about a group of prairie dogs that have a fuzzy green ball appear in their den.   Immediately the fuzz becomes the buzz of the group.  The story goes on to show how greed caused fighting and arguing amongst friends and family.  Afterwards, the students created their own interpretation of what they would do with the fuzz of a great big tennis ball.  The pictures and writing will be completed next week and be hung in the hallway.

  I am sorry I was out yesterday.  Abby was on day two of the stomach bug.  I will be out next Tuesday morning for another doctor's appointment.  Mrs. Lea will be subbing for me.  The kids have a special and rehearsal in the morning,  so I won't miss much of the academic day.  Mr. Hubbard and I will be out on Friday afternoon.  We have to attend a district wide math assessment meeting.  Mrs. Lea will also fill in for this.

Notes:

*No parent volunteer needed on Tuesday (rehearsal).
*Performance is Tuesday night at 6:00.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Peace,
Tom