January 18, 2013

January 18, 2013

Happy Friday!

  We had an absolutely wonderful day.  The students started the morning with a "intense" game of Silent Dodgeball, and then transitioned right into writing in their Weekly News Journals.  I then led a discussion about Martin Luther King and why we have Monday off.  We used the book Martin's Big Words to guide our discussion.  We also watched clips of Dr. King's "I Have A Dream Speech."  The students then broke into groups and did some additional readings and worked based around Dr. King's beliefs.  We are using Dr. King's birthday to begin our study on the celebration of Black History month and some deeper work with Dr. King's message.

*Mr. Hubbard's class is having a hard time collecting recycled materials for the music assessment.  So, I will take any materials that you might have over the next week.

  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I will see you on Tuesday.

Stay Warm!

Tom