January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013

Good Afternoon,
  I hope you had a nice weekend.  I found myself helping my wife find a dress and my daughters spending gift cards at Barnes and Noble and Old Navy.  Needless to say, it was an interesting adventure.

  Today we read Don't Let the Pigeon Ride the Bus, by Mo Willems.  This is a great interactive read-a-loud and a great example of a circular ending.  The students really enjoyed the story.

Notes:
*There is a new 1st grade game this week.

*Next week, I will be headed to Washington DC to take part in the "Teacher of the Year" festivities.  I will be out of school on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  Mrs. Lea will be leading the class.  I have all of the confidence that she will do a fabulous job.

*Wednesday's Winter Program; Your guess is as good as mine?  We should know more in the next day or so.  I am planning on teaching but we will see.

*Flynn Trip:  We will be headed to the Flynn theater in March.  We will be seeing the Taiko Drummers.  The PTA funds over half of the trip.  However, I do need to collect $3 from each child.  Please send it in ASAP.

Have a great week.

Peace,
Tom