April 10, 2013

April 10, 2013


Good Morning,
  Yesterday, I reread the book Swimmy (by Leo Lionni) to the students.  We focused on the beginning, middle, and end of the book and what the author did in each part of the book.  I drew attention to how the author incorporated the elements of main character, setting, problem, and solution into the book.  Today, I will read the story McDuff and the Baby by Rosemary Wells.  I will have the students focus on these elements again as well as making connections and inferences.  This is all part of our focus on narratives as a "craft."

  On Tuesday, we also continued our 1st and 2nd grade projects.  The 2nd graders continued working with me on setting up their research projects, and the 1st graders went to the lab to work with Kay on their SPECIAL project.  

  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Peace,
Tom